Since the launch of the #NeedOrGreed campaign on Tuesday, November 8, we have seen so much support pouring in from students and we wanted to share some exciting highlights from our first week! During the first week, the campaign has seen:
- Over 900 letters sent by students and other supporters to decision-makers;
- Media attention from news outlets across Ontario, including;
- 7 CBC Radio Stations
- 900CHML Hamilton Radio
- Metroland Community Papers (70 different community newspapers)
- The Hamilton Spectator
- CTV News Kitchener
- Many student stories submitted highlighting the stress and impact that international tuition fees are having on students;
- Conversations are in progress with different college decision-makers and pending responses from Colleges Ontario and Minister Jill Dunlop for a meeting request; and
- Thousands of likes, comments, shares, and more on social media!
Thank you to everyone who has joined in on the conversation, but we must keep working and advocating together to bring awareness to the issues and demonstrate support for making international tuition more equitable! So what can you do to continue supporting the campaign?
- Send a letter to decision makers!
- Join the protest on Thursday, November 17, at Queen’s Park from 11:00am – 1:00pm
- Join the conversation online by using #NeedOrGreed on all social media platforms